Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions – Terms, Conditions and Quality Codes
Last Updated: 26 March 2019
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all purchase orders:
- The due date shown on this purchase order is the contractual “Ready to Ship” date. All documentation required for release must be provided NLT this date.
- When required by contract, the supplier shall ensure a Defense Contract Management Agency representative has been coordinated to inspect the repair or overhauled item before the Ready to Ship Date.
- Supplier shall notify Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions in the event that Ready to Ship and/or confirmed delivery dates will not be met.
- Failure to deliver within the required Ready to Ship Date or delivery date may result in the cancellation of the order.
- Military specification items must be packaged to the applicable standards required by drawings and/or procurement specifications. This includes thread protection, one per package, opaque bags, etc.
- By acceptance of the Project Work Authorization from Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions, the vendor acknowledges this document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C. SEC 2751, ET SEQ) and ITAR 22 CFR 120-130 and is subject to the export restrictions provided therein. Recipients of this document should abide by such laws and regulations, including country specific controls and controls on use. Export of this document and documents specified herein are subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations.
- Any Project Work Authorization noting a US Government Contract number and associated Priority Rating shall be executed in accordance with the Defense Priority and Allocation System Program.
- Traceability for all material, revision status, date of manufacture, and inspections (if applicable) shall be maintained and records of such shall be kept on file and readily accessible for a minimum of seven (7) years.
- We reserve the right of access for ourselves, customers, and regulatory authorities, to all facilities as well as all quality records pertaining to the execution of contract and/or Project Work Authorization.
- Documentation including Certificate of Compliance/Conformance (C of C’s), Test Reports, Airworthiness documents (FAA 8130-3 or Air Transport Canada Form 1), Tear-down Reports, Repair Summaries, Parts Listings, and other documentation that might be required must be provided to Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions in English.
- No known non-conformance shall be shipped to Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions or its customer without written authorization from Director of Quality Assurance for Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions. The product shall be held at the supplier pending instruction from Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions. If nonconforming product is found by the supplier after shipment to Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions or its customer, the supplier shall notify Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions within 48 hours of the discovery.
- All parts provided by the seller must be free of Foreign Object Damage or Foreign Object Debris (FOD). This included, but is not limited to, any possible damage from the manufacturing environment, handling damage; unknown/unwanted items left in or on a part, packaging, etc.
- Supplier must have a program for the implementation of actions to prevent human error during production, repair, or inspection activities.
- Supplier must utilize the most current edition of the OEM’s maintenance, repair, and overhaul manuals and any other technical documentation as required by contract or regulatory requirements. Supplier must have a program in place to control, update and provision manuals and technical documentation.
- Conflict Minerals: Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions requires that each of our suppliers will not supply any products or materials that contain conflict minerals sourced from the Democratic Republic of Congo and/or its adjoining countries unless the supplier can certify that the source of the minerals is ‘DRC conflict free’ as defined by U.S. securities laws.
- Seller shall implement and maintain a Counterfeit Parts Protection plan to prevent the shipment of counterfeit or suspect counterfeit parts.
- Seller shall not act in any unethical manner during operation of its business activities. Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions is committed to providing conforming product to its customers and Seller’s products play an integral part to this success. Seller therefore understands the contributions to overall product safety and conformity. Seller understands the need for competence, including any required qualification of persons. Seller also understands that using statistical techniques for product acceptance and related instructions for acceptance of parts must be in accordance with industry standards must be documented and available for review by Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions.
- Seller shall notify the Buyer of any changes to processes, products or locations, including sub-tier changes to processes, products or locations.
- Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions monitors all suppliers to ensure on time delivery is at least 98% and quality performance is at least 98%. Failure to meet this requirement may result in one or all of the following: Corrective Action Request, site visit, and removal from Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions’ Approved Vendor Listing.
- Supplier is not authorized to continue work beyond the authorized amount(s) on the Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions Project Work Authorization. This applies to the total authorized amount and the associated line item amount. The supplier will notify Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions when funding is not sufficient to complete the work scope described in the Project Work Authorization.
The following Selected Procurement and Quality Requirements Codes apply as listed on each Project Work Authorization:
Q1 – MANUFACTURER’S CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE/CONFORMANCE (MCOC)
Supplier is to provide the Manufacturer’s Certificate of Conformance for each line item on the PO that contains this Quality Code. The MCOC should contain the part number, revision number/letter, lot number, batch number, date code, date of manufacture, expiration date, etc. of the item being provided as applicable. The MCOC should bear a signature or stamp of the manufacturer’s representative.
Q2 – CERTIFICATIONS / TEST REPORT REQUIREMENTS
A report or reports providing required data, per any of the following categories; Raw Material Chemical test reports, Raw Material Physical and mechanical test reports, nondestructive test and process certifications (plating, anodize, paint, etc.), Airworthiness Documentation (FAA 8130-3 or Air Transport Canada Form 1), functional test reports, and engine performance tests.
Q3 – SPECIALTY METALS
Material supplied must be in accordance with Domestic Specialty Metals Regulation DFARS 252.225-7009 and 252.225-7008. The country of origin of the raw material must be declared on the certification.
Q4 – REVISION STATUS
Supplier is required to provide the same revision as requested on the Project Work Authorization.
Q5 – QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
By acceptance of this order, vendor certifies that he maintains a Quality System that conforms to MIL-I-45208, ISO9001, AS9120, AS9100 or equivalent. Suppliers of calibration services must be certified to ISO17025, ISO10012-1 or ANSI Z540.
Q6 – FLOW DOWN REQUIREMENTS
Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions will flow down the applicable requirements, including their customer requirements, in the main body of the Project Work Authorization for each line item that contains this Quality Code. Supplier and its subcontractors will comply with any and all mandatory flow down clauses. Absence of this code does not relieve the Supplier or its subcontractors from complying with all flow down requirements found in contract or Statement of Work.
Q7 – YOUR CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE/CONFORMANCE (C of C)
Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions requires your C of C to indicate lot control and traceability to the Manufacturer.
Q8 – SHELF LIFE AND STORAGE REQUIREMENTS
*** CURE DATE ITEM ***. Product must have the minimum shelf-life specified on the Project Work Authorization remaining upon delivery.
Q9 – MAKE PER DRAWING
This item must be made to the requested revision of the drawing. All specifications listed on the customer or military print must be used regardless of cancellation and/or superseding specifications. When a referenced document/specification is cancelled, the last issue prior to cancellation shall continue to be applicable.
Q10 – EARLY DELIVERY DESIRED
Please ship early if possible.
Q11 – NON-CRITICAL SURPLUS PARTS
Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions is aware that these parts are in surplus condition. No traceability to the manufacturer is required for Non-Critical Surplus Parts. Not applicable to any part that is required to have an Airworthiness Release Documentation, i.e. FAA 8130-3 or Canadian Air Transport Form 1.
Q12 – EXTENSIVE SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Extensive special requirements, critical items, or key characteristics are attached. Please review completely.
Q13 – DROP SHIP REQUIREMENTS
Must submit packing slip and all required certifications requested on Project Work Authorization for Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions review and approval. No shipping without Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions authorization.
Q14 – EXTENSIVE DROP SHIP REQUIREMENTS
Must submit detailed measurements of inspections to Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions for review and approval. No shipping without Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions authorization.
Q15 – VERIFY TEST REPORTS
Supplier is responsible for verifying test reports to ensure that all raw materials meet the specs requirements.
The absence of Selected Procurement and Quality Requirements Codes in a Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions’ Project Work Authorization does NOT relieve the supplier or any of its subcontractors from fully complying with all requirements, to include customer flowdowns, as found in the contract and/or Statement of Work.